Monday, October 29, 2007

Poker Diary

Game: No Limit Texas Hold 'Em
20 seat tournament

Starting chip stack: 4000

It's down to the final table: 7 players left, blinds are 800/1600

I'm in seat 2 with about 8,000 in chips, 2nd or 3rd from the bottom as far as chip stacks go.
I'm the big blind with an A-3 suited (hearts)

Seats 3 & 4 fold.
Seat 5 (current small stack) calls the big blind
Seat 6 and 7 fold.
Seat 1 (small blind) calls, so it's 3 to the flop.

Flop is Jh, Qh, 7d - I'm four to the nut flush...

Small Blind checks
I check
Seat 5 bets 1600.
Seat 1 folds.
I call.

Next card is a 5s.

I check.
Seat 5 moves all in.

For some reason, I'm pretty confident he doesn't have anything yet...I have a feeling he's chasing a straight... so I call.

We flip the cards, and sure enough, he has a 9 10 off suit. I'm ahead right now with my Ace high, and if a heart comes on the river I've got my flush; he's got an open ended straight draw, so at best there are 8 outs for him.

Last card comes: K diamonds. He catches his straight on the river.

Man, that just stings...

No comments: