Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Would you intervene if you saw a woman being attacked?

I was asked this question the other day and had this tale to share:

I was in a nightclub one night, sitting at the bar, minding my own business. Next to me, a young lady was sitting with one or two of her female friends, having a drink - looked like a "girl's night out" sort of thing.

Some guy walks up to the lady sitting next to me and gives her a straight right cross square on the jaw. She flies off the barstool and lands hard on the ground, stunned.

Being the ever chivalrous gentleman, I stood up and told the guy that wasn't any way to treat a woman, and suggested he try that move on me.

We went at it, and I was doing more than well against this sorry fuck; I had studied Vunak and Cucci along with a few others and could more than hold my own in HTH. All of a sudden the bouncers grab me and hold me, completely ignoring the fool who started this whole encounter. The girl on the floor gets ups and starts hitting me, screaming "Don't hurt my boyfriend" and now that I'm restrained by the bouncers, mr. lame fuck girlfriend beater takes a free swipe at me with a bottle. I have a nice "Harrison Ford chin scar" to show for that chivalrous act, and a few stitches on my head somewhere.

So no, to be quite honest, I don't think I would lend a hand again. I did it once because once upon a time it was the right thing to do - today I'd probably get sued, or shot, or both.

I'm so disillusioned with most of the @$$-wipes out there I couldn't care less what they all do to each other. I know it's a selfish mentality, but years of disillusionment with people in general will do that to you.

No comments: