Saturday, July 18, 2009

A sad sort of passing

Yesterday my 7 year old son went off with his friends to a water park in celebration of his friend's birthday. Eager to take advantage of a free evening, the Mrs. and I went out immediately upon her arrival home from work. I had planned to take her to the restaurant where I had officially proposed to her back in the very early 90's.

Sadly, upon our arrival, the restaurant was boarded up; the ever ominous "For Lease" sign posted on the chain that was barricading the driveway.

It was a sad sort of moment. A little piece of our history was no more.

Yes, I still have a photo of that night; the memories are still pretty strong, considering it's been nearly 20 years since that night, but I found myself sadly nostalgic for a brief moment.

I'm sure there are many others who have experienced this sort of thing, but for us sentimental romantics, it's a bit more painful. I guess we'll just have to go out and create some new memories...

No comments: